Presenting Michele L. Squib:
October Online Exhibit
Online Exhibit by Michele L. Squib October 2020 Prospect Library
Join us as we welcome artist Michele L. Squib, the Prospect Public Library Artist of the Month for October.
The exhibit will be held during the month of October online. Please go to our home page for the slide show!
Please call us at 203.758.3001 or visit our website, www.prospectlibrary.com with any questions.
I have liked to draw since I was a child growing up on Long Island. I loved Art in school, however my grandmother said, “You’ll never be able to make a living from it so take some clerical courses,” which I did. Right out of high school, I went to work in the clerical field and continued working for over 40 years. During that time, I continued to draw and paint, taking various courses to increase my abilities.
I’m retired now and continue to paint using both watercolor and acrylics. Having lived by the water the majority of my life, you will see that reflected in my paintings of the ocean, streams, lakes, rivers, etc. Other favorite subjects are lighthouses, barns, animals and pet portraits.
If you are interested in purchasing any of my available works, please contact me.
• John C. Hart Memorial Library – Solo Exhibit – August 2019
• Hendrik Hudson Library – Solo Exhibit – June 2019
• Putnam Arts Council – Members Exhibit – March/April 2019
• John C. Hart Memorial Library – Paintings by Students of Jeanne
Demotses - November 2018
• Putnam Arts Council – Juried Fine Arts Show – October 28 - November
18, 2018, “Ice Fisherman,” watercolor, 15”x 19”, framed, selected for the Juried Show.
• Putnam Arts Council – Push Pin Exhibit – September 23 - October 14,
• John C. Hart Memorial Library – Members of Acrylics Class – June 2018 • Rose Memorial Library, Stony Point – August/September 2015
• Suffern Library – July 2015
• King's Daughters Library, Garnerville – November 2014
• Nanuet Library – December 2013 - January 2014
• New City Library – August 2013
• Bob’s Art & Framing, New City – November 2012
• King’s Daughters Library, Garnerville – May 2012
• ROCA Member’s Exhibit – January 2009
• Helen Hayes Hospital – Watercolors – February 2007
• Helen Hayes Hospital – Watercolors – January 2005
• Helen Hayes Hospital – Participated in Employee Art Displays 1995,
2002, 2003, 2004
• Trinity Methodist Church, Stony Point – 1992
• Exhibit with Rockland County Association of Artists and Craftsmen at
New City Library – January 1988
• Rockland Community College – November 1987
• 1987-1990 – Rockland County Association of Artists and Craftsmen
• 2008-2009 – Rockland Center for the Arts
• February 2018 – Putnam Arts Council
• Washington School of Art – 1974-1975
• Rockland Community College – 1988-2003
o Production, Graphic Art
o Writing and Illustration of Children’s Books
o Business of Art
• North Rockland Adult Education – 2005-2009
• Town of Yorktown Parks & Recreation Program – Ongoing since
• Putnam Arts Council – July/August 2018
o Watercolor Class
Interested in Exhibiting Art at the Library?
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in exhibiting your art work at the Prospect Public Library.
Please consider coming to the library to see the exhibit space.
The exhibit space is in the Irene E. Boardman Community Room.
Please make arrangements no later than one month before your art exhibit is to start as to what day and time you will be bringing your art in and what day you will be taking down your exhibit.
We are happy to offer our space if you would like to host an Artist Reception.
The community room is a multi purpose room and serves many uses for the community. The community room is open during Library hours for patrons to come and view your artwork during times that the room is not in specific use.
Please stop by, call or email the library if you would like to exhibit art at the Prospect Public Library. We'd love to host you.
203.758.3001 or email us at